11/14/2008

The Boys of Boyce Avenue


photo: Anastasia


I usually don't like to promote people I've never met in person...but when you come across talent like Boyce Avenue it inspires.
Sure, these guys could be jerks, ya know, big assholes in real life, but they haven't been thus far so why not praise their talents?

Maybe I have a soft spot for their music because a) they do lots of pop covers and turn them into acoustic awesomeness, b) Alejandro Manzano the lead singer has an increadible voice, c) they got their shit together, d) they and I have at least one thing in common - FLORIDA.

Boyce Avenue, a Florida-based band popular for its strong acoustic roots and constant drive toward a melody- and harmony-driven rock sound, consists of the three brothers Alejandro, Fabian, and Daniel Manzano, and Stephen Hatker.

Being that music has always played a big role in my life, choirs from k-12, community theater (musicals), having fronted two rock bands: Lydian Zero, and No Subordination, recorded hooks for artist like Soce, sang back up for Brad Walsh, let us not forget my experimental phase and the fact that I'm currently recording a few original tracks with a great music producer, I could not help myself and had to add background vocals to one of Boyce's awesome medleys.

Now this was mostly for my enjoyment since I tend to add background harmonies to just about any acoustic song that I listen to. Naturally when Alejandro did a medley of Alicia Keys "No One", Jordin Sparks "Tattoo" (American Idol) and Black Eyed Peas "Where Is The Love" (Fergie) ft. Justin Timberlake I simply had to add some background vocals.

They didn't ask me to do this, and frankly I hope they don't mind. The recording is not mastered and it's mostly in it's raw stages but I tried mixing it to the best of my ability.

Take and listen and enjoy.

Listen click HERE
* best to listen with headphones.

The version with no background vocals is available worldwide on iTunes, Amazon, Napster, or Rhapsody. Search "Boyce Avenue"

Make sure to visit them and boy some of their CDs. www.BoyceAvenue.com

Version with no Background vocals



Florida Shows

Labels: ,